KAEO: Derrick Gordon

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
Rudy
Junior

Re: KAEO: Derrick Gordon

Post by Rudy » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:45 pm

78 wrote:
Rudy wrote:Classic physiological transference. Can't say anything about your years of lies or the liar you defended for years. Let's attack a random message poster because we are impotent men.
Because time and time again you have proven you are a piece of shit. Believe me, I could repost many of your homophobic, hate posts here if I wanted to waste my time, But I think most people already know your reputation, so no need to do it.
And for the UMASS players who didn't like playing with him, but yet he claims to have carried them to playoffs; fans,

(1) Believe this loser and spit on Chaz, or
(2) Do what's right and stop feeding this loser's ego.

inthescoop
Hall of Fame

Post by inthescoop » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:47 pm

If only you were the other Rudy, the little dude on the Notre Dame team. Then I would think you're a cool guy.
Last edited by inthescoop on Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rudy
Junior

Post by Rudy » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:55 pm

I got the real school's back... Chaz and the Warriors and the Brotherhood who brought this team glory and browse this site... thank you.

Don't let these lying, pathetic, agenda driven losers make you think Gordon had some right to claim your glory and own your success because they are politically correct cowards.

Your glory. Not his.

mlaconte459
Hall of Fame

Post by mlaconte459 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:58 pm

Thinking about it, there may be a small mix of truth in what he said.. if he removed NBA out of his post it may a tad accurate, it's really the NBA portion of it that makes it a crazy statement. His sexuality has ZERO to do with his chances in the NBA, he's just not close to an NBA player.. however could it have hampered his ability to play overseas at all? Does anyone know if he ever attempted to play overseas or was it nba or bust? Not all but I am sure some of the overseas leagues that he could of drawn interest from may not be as progressive about sexuality as the United States. I don't know too much about foreign leagues and which ones his skill sets may be something they would be interested in. He was certainly good enough to play SOMEWHERE professionaly just not here. I'd be really curious if he ever tested the waters anywhere else. Edit: I mean even Tyler got a stint over seas
GO... GO U... GO UMASSS..... GO UMASSS

MJatUM
Hall of Fame

Post by MJatUM » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:37 pm

Considering the fines/bans many European soccer teams receive for homophobic and/or racist taunting of opposing players I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Gordon felt uneasy trying to make it over there. He definitely never resembled anything close to NBA level talent in his time here, regardless of sexual orientation.

harbo
Hall of Fame

Post by harbo » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:05 am

Gordon is just one more guy still chasing the dream, just like the 21 other ex-UMass players who have collected a paycheck for playing basketball in 2017 http://basketball.usbasket.com/team/USA ... 245?Page=4

Most athletes are hopeful, but ultimately delusional, about their chances to make it big. So they make the best of it while holding out for that one chance to get noticed and fulfill that dream. Gordon apparently has that bug and probably has the requisite leeches putting the ideas in his ear. Such is life.

Gordon did nothing to denigrate UMass, and actually helped prove that UMass is a great, progressive place. Granted, he did book on the school when he saw greener pastures at Seton Hall. Not the first player to move on to a seemingly more promising prospect. Not the last one either.

Last we heard, he was training to be a firefighter. Apparently that is put on hold to continue the chase. If, in the future, if I am being directly affected by a dangerous blaze, Derrick Gordon is welcome to stop by and give me an assist.

JoleonLescottsHair
Hall of Fame

Post by JoleonLescottsHair » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:40 am

Rudy wrote:Classic physiological transference. Can't say anything about your years of lies or the liar you defended for years. Let's attack a random message poster because we are impotent men.
What exactly is "physiological transference?" Physiological. Hmm. Never heard that before. Does that have anything to do with all the asses you want us to kss?

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:31 am

DG is a little delusional regarding why he isn't in the NBA, but he isn't a bad guy.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

fenway617
Hall of Fame

Post by fenway617 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:35 am

mlaconte459 wrote:Thinking about it, there may be a small mix of truth in what he said.. if he removed NBA out of his post it may a tad accurate, it's really the NBA portion of it that makes it a crazy statement. His sexuality has ZERO to do with his chances in the NBA, he's just not close to an NBA player.. however could it have hampered his ability to play overseas at all? Does anyone know if he ever attempted to play overseas or was it nba or bust? Not all but I am sure some of the overseas leagues that he could of drawn interest from may not be as progressive about sexuality as the United States. I don't know too much about foreign leagues and which ones his skill sets may be something they would be interested in. He was certainly good enough to play SOMEWHERE professionaly just not here. I'd be really curious if he ever tested the waters anywhere else. Edit: I mean even Tyler got a stint over seas
I think he said once he had no interest in playing internationally. I know he went though a open tryout after he left SH in Vegas for D-League and international teams hoping to get a D-league contract and when that didn't pan out he said he was done with basketball and was going to become a SF firefighter a few months later he posted he was going to be an EMT, and recently he indicated he is getting his real estate licence. It just sounds like a case of him now being in the 9-5 real world and having a pity party that he has to get a job like an average joe.

I do believe his sexuality played a role in international teams being interested, no question that some teams would not want a gay player internationally. While he was a so-so player he could have played internationally and been a good player in those types of leagues.
A smart person learns from his mistakes, but a truly wise person learns from the mistakes of others.

natwam2547
Hall of Fame

Post by natwam2547 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:41 am

InnervisionsUMASS wrote:DG is a little delusional regarding why he isn't in the NBA, but he isn't a bad guy.
Agree with this. The locker room cancer stuff is quite overblown. Like I said in a post I just think DG is coming to the realization that his clock is at 15:01.

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:45 am

Jezus fucking chriest - he is a basketball player not a gay basketball player - and not a very good one (NBA caliber anyways) at that :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I am sure he is not here reading this anyways but STOP feeding the beast..... Clearly he would rather blame than look in the mirror - whatever.......

Calmass9
Junior

Post by Calmass9 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:47 am

Rudy wrote:I got the real school's back... Chaz and the Warriors and the Brotherhood who brought this team glory and browse this site... thank you.

Don't let these lying, pathetic, agenda driven losers make you think Gordon had some right to claim your glory and own your success because they are politically correct cowards.

Your glory. Not his.
Holy shit man this reads like a KKK rally speech. You got some serious issues.

I watched DG drop 16 points in a sold out Mullins Center vs a top 25 VCU team. 2nd highest scorer on the team in the biggest home game of the year. Was he part of the "Brotherhood" that night or nah? Are we just picking a choosing games and stats based on this homophobic narrative you want to spew? Seriously, go back and look thru the gamelogs of the 2013-2014 season and see just how wrong you are.

He didn't carry the team and he absolutely overvalues his accomplishments and skills as a basketball player. Fact. But if you don't think he was a major contributor to our first tourney team in 20 years then you simply didn't watch the games. He has every right to stand with his teammates and claim glory for that accomplishment.

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:04 am

DG is such old news and so unimportant to me that if I never see another DG post on this board that would suit me just fine.

CarriageEstates22
Sophomore

Post by CarriageEstates22 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:37 am

Rudy wrote:I got the real school's back... Chaz and the Warriors and the Brotherhood who brought this team glory and browse this site... thank you.

Your glory. Not his.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE RUDY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0KjUvYJXkI

DoctorJ
Hall of Fame

Post by DoctorJ » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:43 pm

http://basketball.usbasket.com/team/USA ... 245?Page=4

I followed that link from above. I didn't know Trey Davis and Jabarie Hinds play on the same team in Kosovo.
Refuse To Lose!!!