Marcus Camby

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
TruBluMaroon
Hall of Fame

Re: Marcus Camby

Post by TruBluMaroon » Fri May 12, 2017 1:50 pm

Very nice! Welcome MC to the world of proud UM graduates!

LS71
Hall of Fame

Post by LS71 » Fri May 12, 2017 1:56 pm

I'm proud to call Marcus a fellow UMass alum! 8)
"Win without boasting, lose without crying." -- Julius Erving

tom mclaughlin
Junior

Post by tom mclaughlin » Fri May 12, 2017 2:18 pm

This is great for Marcus and the University. We should be proud of what he has accomplished in his professional career and the thing that struck me the most is as a high school senior he had the guts and fortitude "to pick" UMass even though he was from CT. It must have been extremely difficult to go with the Minuteman and not the Huskies. After all these years Marcus turns out the winner because he stayed with it and got that degree that I'm sure his Mom will love as a special gift around Mother's Day!
Also kudos to John Calipari on being there for Marcus. Shows the class of UMass basketball. The last thing is this is good for UMass now you have the two marquee athletes in Julius Erving and Marcus Camby have both come back even though they left early and made millions but they finished what they started and got a UMass degree. A great day for UMass Basketball and the University. Their Moms must be so proud. It only goes to show another story on how UMass is special. These athletes had millions but even with all that money the UMass degree was very important to them and their families. This in a sense makes all our degrees important!
Last edited by tom mclaughlin on Fri May 12, 2017 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Fri May 12, 2017 2:26 pm

Marcus is such a great ambassador for UMass. I've seen him at games and he's ALWAYS willing to shake people's hands and take pictures. Total class. Love to see his success and very happy for him and his family
Time to Win

RageintheCage
Junior

Post by RageintheCage » Fri May 12, 2017 10:18 pm

Congrats to Marcus!

Really classy of Cal to be there.

AlPatino
Junior

Post by AlPatino » Fri May 12, 2017 10:58 pm

Congrats Marcus. This will be a special day for him and his family. And I remember reading somewhere he is interested in coaching, so this will be his ticket to coach college hoops should he wish to do so.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

SignMan
Hall of Fame

Post by SignMan » Fri May 12, 2017 11:58 pm

^ 8) :D 8)
The angle of incidence = the angle of reflection: REBOUND!

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:30 am

Happy Birthday, Marcus! Take a look at Sam in the picture. That must be the demented version :lol:
https://twitter.com/TheFrizz87/status/9 ... 8873626624

capezona
Hall of Fame

Post by capezona » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:40 pm

Ha. Sam was pretty scary back then. I took my young daughters to a game and they were so frightened by just looking at Sam that I couldn't ever get them to go again. Oh, and happy birthday to Marcus.

HerndonHops
Sophomore

Post by HerndonHops » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:57 pm

Just on Pardon the Interruption, celebration of Camby’s 50th birthday! Happy 50th Birthday, Marcus Camby!

GREAT discussion of Camby and his UM and NBA accomplishments.

WillHerndonFan
Junior

Post by WillHerndonFan » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:26 pm

capezona wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:40 pm Ha. Sam was pretty scary back then. I took my young daughters to a game and they were so frightened by just looking at Sam that I couldn't ever get them to go again. Oh, and happy birthday to Marcus.
Concur in the Scary Sam as my daughter would beg to leave the game when Sam approached. Figured out if I told it was her Uncle Bob was dressed as Sam she would be more receptive to Sam. We still laugh today about it!

WillHerndonFan
Junior

Post by WillHerndonFan » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:34 pm

Floyd wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 2:26 pm Marcus is such a great ambassador for UMass. I've seen him at games and he's ALWAYS willing to shake people's hands and take pictures. Total class. Love to see his success and very happy for him and his family
Agree on that As you often see Marcus each year at various events despite living in Houston. Who would have thought the Hartford Connecticut kid would become the most loyal and best ambassador for the UMass. Still remember seeing Marcus as a skinny 18 year old at the Taste of Hartford event in Downtown Hartford when I worked at the Travelers Insurance so it is hard to believe he is 50 now.

WillHerndonFan
Junior

Post by WillHerndonFan » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:37 pm

Umass should put up a banner like Makar that notes Marcus as National player of the year and that includes Calipari as well. Many people forget the A10 had 3 National Players of the year in 7 years with David West and James Nelson being the other two. The Glory Days of the A10!

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Post by Old Cage » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:03 pm

Shout-out to Marcus on his 50th birthday tonight on PTI.
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:52 pm

WillHerndonFan wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:37 pm Umass should put up a banner like Makar that notes Marcus as National player of the year and that includes Calipari as well. Many people forget the A10 had 3 National Players of the year in 7 years with David West and James Nelson being the other two. The Glory Days of the A10!

Jameer Nelson.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades