Search found 1039 matches

by UMass02
Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:16 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Rafters Officially Closed
Replies: 12
Views: 431

Re: Rafters Officially Closed

Did I hear right that the Pub is closing too? Yes. The owners of The Pub and Rafters will close The Pub to make way for a new restaurant. It’s called Savanna’s and it will be located in that new development south of the Hangar. I hear Savanna’s will cater to customers who’d prefer Judie’s or Bistro...
by UMass02
Wed May 01, 2019 2:25 pm
Forum: Hockey Forum
Topic: Looking Ahead to the 2019-2020 Season
Replies: 70
Views: 5224

Re: Looking Ahead to the 2019-2020 Season

The NHL news, along with Carvel signing an extension, albeit a short one, is all good news for UMass. It will greatly help with the recruiting and we already know he can coach them up. Keep working on keeping him here long term and we've got a great situation with hockey! My guess is that Bamford s...
by UMass02
Wed May 01, 2019 2:23 pm
Forum: Football Forum
Topic: future scheduling talk
Replies: 1060
Views: 185065

Re: future scheduling talk

One would hope the athletic dept is taking the Hockey success on ice and the long term look at Basketball, and football and looking for a NESN or other regional channels and offering a package to be the UMass sports channel. They should use the Hockey East Playoffs, Regional NCAA and Frozen Four cr...
by UMass02
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:23 pm
Forum: Football Forum
Topic: Spring Game
Replies: 26
Views: 2253

Re: Spring Game

Spring game is now a spring showcase of drills and a practice scrimmage.

https://umassathletics.com/news/2019/4/ ... ormat.aspx

With limited tailgating opportunity and rain in the forecast, only the diehards will be out there.
by UMass02
Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:19 pm
Forum: Hockey Forum
Topic: Vote for Cale for the Hobey Baker
Replies: 138
Views: 8235

Re: Vote for Cale for the Hobey Baker

BTW, voting for the Hobey Baker has closed and a winner has already been selected. We will have to wait until next Friday to see who won.
by UMass02
Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:00 am
Forum: Hockey Forum
Topic: NCAA Tournament 2019
Replies: 282
Views: 12707

Re: NCAA Tournament 2019

Rumor has it that the box office opens 90 minutes before face-off. I’d advise that you either get there early or order online. Also note that there is a half marathon in Manchester this morning - although it may be over by the afternoon, expect road closures and parking near the arena as they disass...
by UMass02
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:39 am
Forum: Hockey Forum
Topic: vs. UNH - quarterfinals
Replies: 89
Views: 2847

Re: vs. UNH - quarterfinals

Attendance was 3,076. I understand that the tickets were $ 35 so that probably kept some people away plus if there are any students around they have to pay also. Here is a link to the write up on the athletic site: https://umassathletics.com/news/2019/3/15/no-3-2-hockey-storms-back-for-2ot-game-1-w...
by UMass02
Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:37 pm
Forum: Hockey Forum
Topic: First weekend playoff tickets on sale
Replies: 17
Views: 1535

Re: First weekend playoff tickets on sale

Ticket sales appear to be a little slow right now...with the students on break, they might be lucky to get 6K there which will be a huge disappointment. I was really hoping for a sell out - looking at the available seats left, last years playoff crowds might be bigger. Hopefully the hockey crowd is...
by UMass02
Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:24 pm
Forum: Hockey Forum
Topic: First weekend playoff tickets on sale
Replies: 17
Views: 1535

Re: First weekend playoff tickets on sale

Question for all who know about the NCAAs. I will be in Mass for the first rounds of the NCAAs. Assuming UMASS gets in and goes to Manchester or Providence then I will be going. Are these tix hard to come by? I've never gone to the hockey NCAAs. Do you have to buy both days or can you get individua...
by UMass02
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:14 pm
Forum: Hockey Forum
Topic: First weekend playoff tickets on sale
Replies: 17
Views: 1535

Re: First weekend playoff tickets on sale

Generally speaking, Hockey East quarterfinal games rarely sell out. Spring break often falls on the weekend they are played. They are typically not included in season ticket packages for other conference schools, so some season ticket holders and sponsors who get tickets as a perk don’t buy QF ticke...
by UMass02
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:26 am
Forum: Hockey Forum
Topic: 2018-2019 Season
Replies: 288
Views: 28316

Re: 2018-2019 Season

For the Quarterfinal round, is the only broadcast through FloHockey? Any chance that NESN would pick up a broadcast or is it aired exclusively online through FloHockey? Thanks. In past years, NESN has picked up one quarterfinal game from Hockey East. I guess it depends on the matchup and availabili...
by UMass02
Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:45 am
Forum: Football Forum
Topic: McGuirk Upgrade
Replies: 1512
Views: 215955

Re: McGuirk Upgrade

I know the locals had a conniption fit when Lombardi had a giant U painted on the water tower atop of campus. Wonder if they will have a similar fit when the giant Power U is on the bubble.

I personally don’t care what is painted on the bubble. I just want to see it actually installed.
by UMass02
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:02 am
Forum: Football Forum
Topic: 2019 Season
Replies: 29
Views: 3711

Re: 2019 Season

It isn’t UMass’ job to help Merrimack College sell tickets. Promoting the UMass football team seems like a higher priority to UMass Athletics than accommodating a handful of fans who are willing to pay $28 each to bask in the wonder that is Lawler. It is unfortunate that the timing doesn’t work, but...
by UMass02
Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:14 pm
Forum: Hockey Forum
Topic: 2018-2019 Season
Replies: 288
Views: 28316

Re: 2018-2019 Season

According to CHN’s pairwise probability matrix, UMass is a 100% lock to make the NCAAs at this point - 48% chance they get the at-large bid and a 52% chance they do it by winning the Hockey East tournament championship.
by UMass02
Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:23 am
Forum: Other UMass Sports Forum
Topic: UMass Athletics and Stubhub
Replies: 5
Views: 299

Re: UMass Athletics and Stubhub

Agreed on the scalper part... I think it's clear that they are getting in on the action. With that said, if UMass is doing this, as you suggest, that would be very shady. I highly doubt this is happening , but if it was I'd be extremely disappointed in our administration. I agree with you. It’s ext...